POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Virginals (Vermeer again) : Re: Virginals (Vermeer again) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virginals (Vermeer again)
From: Ive
Date: 27 Sep 2002 16:32:30
Message: <3d94c05e@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3d93461b@news.povray.org...

>    Well, I think it's very nice, and I can see a good image developing
> here.

Thanks, but there is still so much work left...

>     My only criticisms?  I think the chair should be either taller (I
> don't know the style of this chair proportionally), or say, 10-15%
> bigger, it looks low to me, but then I might be totally wrong about
> this.

Yes, I think the proportion of the chair compared to the instrument
is one of the things that did irritate me. But I have checked all
dimensions again and they seem to be right. The virginals has
to be played while *standing* in front of it, so the keys are higher
as with a contemporary piano. Maybe our mind is so much used
to think in *known* dimensions that we see the chair very small
when there is nothing else (like a person) in the scene to get
a scale.

>    Hinges on the folding parts of the instrument?

They are at the rear side.

-Ive